#SongoftheDay I Dreamt We Spoke Again (Death Cab for Cutie)

Last winter, I listened to this Death Cab for Cutie album (Thank You for Today) on repeat. I'd probably heard it 20 or 30 times before I clued in to the fact that it was a break-up album, and maybe I was listening to it so much because, last fall, I went through a break-up and never really dealt with it.

If you've known me for a while, you've heard me talk about my girlfriend, Sweet. What you don't know is that she isn't my girlfriend anymore. We broke up while my grandmother was dying, which is a stupid time to break up with someone, but the relationship had run its course, we were in very different places emotionally, and it was time to say goodbye.

Actually, I lost a 10-year relationship and my beloved grandmother in the space of 4 days.

I mourned the loss of my grandmother, and I let that take over. I pushed the relationship loss to the side. I didn't want to think about it. I haven't even told the internet until now.

So when I talk about my partner, that's not Sweet. That's a new relationship.

Sweet is doing well. Her life is blossoming. She's living 99% as a woman these days, which is leaps and bounds from where she was when we met. I am delighted for her. Just because our relationship came to the end of its lifespan doesn't mean I hold any ill-will. I want her to thrive, and I have no doubt she wants the same for me.



If you're wondering how you can support me in bringing you songs and visits every day, the easiest thing you can do is tell your friends about the site. Tell anyone you know--particularly people who are isolated and enjoy music.

Readers of adult fiction can also buy my books or check them out from your local library. Supporting my AudioErotica endeavour on Patreon would also help me hugely!

But you don't HAVE to do any of that. I'm very happy to get a daily visit from you, so just keep coming back.

Oh, and I also recommend hitting the "Subscribe" button at the top of the page so you won't miss a song!

See you tomorrow!
Giselle

Popular posts from this blog

#SongoftheDay Ice Cream (Sarah McLachlan)

#SongoftheDay Looks Like Meringue (John Scofield)

#SongoftheDay Cornflake Girl (Tori Amos)

#SongoftheDay Self Control (Laura Branigan)

#SongoftheDay Bad Girls (Donna Summer)

#SongoftheDay Nothing is Easy (Jethro Tull)

#SongoftheDay Stayin' Alive (Bee Gees)

#SongoftheDay Good Times (CHIC)

#SongoftheDay The Night Has A Thousand Eyes (Bobby Vee)

#SongoftheDay Putt Putt for the Fun of It (1980s Commercial)