What is this? Where am I? What's it all about?

All good questions. Let me explain.

My name is Giselle and I'm your new best friend. Well, maybe not "best friend." A best friend usually listens in addition to talking, but that's not me. What I will do is be here every day, starting June 1 2019, to share with you whichever song pops into my head.

Why?  What's the point?

Well, here's the thing: I'm a writer. It's a pretty lonely job. Over the years, I've become increasingly socially isolated and you know what? It sucks. It sucks bad.

The truth of the matter is that a lot of us are socially isolated, these days. And not just older people--younger ones, too.  There are "friendly visitor" programs for seniors, but those of us under 65 are kind of lost at sea. I speak from experience.

Let me be your friendly visitor!

If you need a no-pressure visit every day, let me be your visitor. I'll bring a song--whichever song pops into my head, gets stuck in my head, or seems relevant to something that day.

As a person with chronic depression, music has helped me more than anything. It's magic, I swear. I hope my little musical visits will give you something to look forward to every day, because they'll certainly do that for me.

What kind of music can you expect?

I listen to a lot of indie rock and alternative these days, but I grew up listening to pop music from the 50s and 60s (the songs of my father's generation). I also love jazz standards, folk, classic rock, opera, commercial jingles from the 80s... my tastes are eclectic, to say the least. I will definitely surprise you.

Hit the subscribe button at the top of the page to get emails about these posts. Check in every day starting in June. I'm so looking forward to bringing you music, and I hope it's something you will look forward to and enjoy.

I haven't set up a Patreon or anything to support my time in this endeavour, but adults who enjoy explicit fiction for the ears can check out my AudioErotica Patreon page. For as little as $4/month, you get a new story to listen to every Friday. If you buy audiobooks, you know they can cost way more than that, so it's a great deal. I also encourage readers of adult fiction to check out my books and audiobooks from your local library. Libraries are great!

See you in June (it's only a week away as I write this).

Until then... I can tell that we are going to be friends...
(You can get this album on vinyl, if you're so inclined.)

Popular posts from this blog

#SongoftheDay Looks Like Meringue (John Scofield)

#SongoftheDay Ice Cream (Sarah McLachlan)

#SongoftheDay Self Control (Laura Branigan)

#SongoftheDay The Night Has A Thousand Eyes (Bobby Vee)

#SongoftheDay Bad Girls (Donna Summer)

#SongoftheDay Stayin' Alive (Bee Gees)

#SongoftheDay Good Times (CHIC)

#SongoftheDay Putt Putt for the Fun of It (1980s Commercial)

#SongoftheDay You Light Up My Life (Whitney Houston)

#SongoftheDay Inspector Gadget Theme