#SongoftheDay Drink to Me Only With Thine Eyes (Paul Robeson)

I've been falling asleep to an episode of Midsomer Murders called The Silent Land for the past... oh, three months? (I like repetition) and that episode begins with Joyce and Cully at a music concert of what Cully refers to as "all that folky stuff." 

The song we hear performed is this one. 

Cully doesn't like this music and she's squirming and rolling her eyes as the performer is singing. I don't buy that a professional actor would be so rude.  I used to work in a theatre, and the actors there are the people who taught me how to be a good audience member. When I say "good" I guess I actually mean "engaged" because the actors taught me to laugh and react, to give the performers on stage energy to work with. 

So I don't buy a character who is supposed to be a stage actor being sullen and rude, even if she wasn't enjoying the show. 

Anyway, that's my random episode of Midsomer Murders deep dive for the day.

I chose Paul Robeson to sing to us because he is one of my partner's all-time favourite vocalists.

Popular posts from this blog

#SongoftheDay Blue Skies (Ella Fitzgerald)

#SongoftheDay Take a Letter, Maria (R.B. Greaves)

#SongoftheDay Run With Us (Lisa Loughead)

#SongoftheDay Gently Johnny from The Wicker Man

#SongoftheDay Ten Again (Half Moon Run)

#SongoftheDay Midsomer Murders Theme (Celia Sheen on Theremin)

#SongoftheDay Let's Turkey Trot (Little Eva)

#SongoftheDay Here's That Rainy Day (Wes Montgomery)