#SongoftheDay Blue Skies (Ella Fitzgerald)

My partner took me to see Death of a Salesman at Stratford for my birthday. I think it was one of those gifts that was actually for him, since I don't need any additional encouragement to feel massively depressed, but we'll set that aside because he bought me a delicious pizza afterwards.

Anyway.

The production used this tune throughout the performance. It was played on a trumpet, which happens to be the instrument I learned when I took band class in middle school. Have I ever told you that? I don't think I have. I was really good at it, too.


If you're wondering how you can support me in bringing you songs and anecdotes, the easiest thing you can do is buy my books (most are for adults only!) or check them out from your local library. 

See you soon!

Giselle


Popular posts from this blog

What is this? Where am I? What's it all about?

#SongoftheDay I've Tried Everything (Eurythmics)

#SongoftheDay The Middle (Jimmy Eat World)

#SongoftheDay 1984 (Tina Turner)

#SongoftheDay Working in a Coal Mine (Lee Dorsey)

#SongoftheDay Day After Day (Badfinger)

#SongoftheDay The Dress (Dijon)

#SongoftheDay The Sound of Silence (Simon and Garfunkel)

#SongoftheDay Cheers Theme: Where Everybody Knows Your Name (Gary Portnoy)

#SongoftheDay Pinky and the Brain Theme Song (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)