#SongoftheDay I Love A Rainy Night (Eddie Rabbitt)

I go for a lot of night walks, and I particularly love walking in the rain, so the other night (when it was raining), I walked around this city until I felt like my legs were about to fall off. I had this song in my head the whole time. Don't know when I last heard it, but it was part of the soundtrack of my childhood.

My best friend challenged me on my rainy night walk. She asked me, "Do you think you walk until you're in pain as a form of self-harm?" My instinct was YUP, even though I'd never considered this as a possibility. Walking is good for you. I spend way too much time indoors and I need to get out and expend some energy. Plus, I hadn't slept at all the night before and I really wanted to tire myself out so I could sleep.

But I do recall a thought popping into my head as I walked past other night walkers in the dark: "Maybe something terrible will happen to me." And it wasn't a feeling of apprehension that accompanied that thought--it was a feeling of relief.

Universe, don't take this as a request. I don't want anything bad to happen to me--really, I don't! But sometimes, when you're too chicken to harm yourself, you'll put yourself in dangerous situations so maybe someone else will inflict the harm for you.

I'm glad my friend is insightful and incisive enough to both see my hidden intentions and bring them to my attention.

But I do still love my night walks. Especially in the rain.



If you're wondering how you can support me in bringing you songs and visits every day, the easiest thing you can do is tell your friends about the site. Tell anyone you know--particularly people who are isolated and enjoy music.

Readers of adult fiction can also buy my books or check them out from your local library. Supporting my AudioErotica endeavour on Patreon would also help me hugely!

But you don't HAVE to do any of that. I'm very happy to get a daily visit from you, so just keep coming back.

Oh, and I also recommend hitting the "Subscribe" button at the top of the page so you won't miss a song!

See you tomorrow!
Giselle

Popular posts from this blog

#SongoftheDay Looks Like Meringue (John Scofield)

#SongoftheDay Ice Cream (Sarah McLachlan)

#SongoftheDay Self Control (Laura Branigan)

#SongoftheDay Asshole (Denis Leary)

#SongoftheDay You Light Up My Life (Whitney Houston)

#SongoftheDay If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd've Baked a Cake (Ethel Merman, Ray Bolger)

#SongoftheDay In the Year 2525 (Zager and Evans)

#SongoftheDay The Rosemary and Thyme Caprice (John Williams)

#SongoftheDay Julie Christie (Lorraine Bowen)

#SongoftheDay Cornflake Girl (Tori Amos)