#SongoftheDay All I Ask of You from Phantom of the Opera (Josh Groban and Lea Salonga)

My partner wrote me the tenderest email today. It touched my heart and I want to share this story with you.

I've known my partner for more than twenty years, but our first "date" in this new phase of our relationship took place earlier this year.

He took me to THE LIBRARY!

That's not the name of some cool club the kids are frequenting. We are not kids. We are library people.

So he took me to hear an Australian Aboriginal elder discuss social and environment issues. I had cookies in my purse, and (before the talk started) he kept reaching into it for snacks. I felt a bit like Mommy, but I really appreciated the intimacy. My former girlfriend would snarl at me if I went anywhere near her purse. I really liked that my new person felt so comfortable with me that he would dig right in there for treats.

After the talk, we went to grab a coffee. Well, I grabbed a table, he grabbed a coffee.

There was a homeless guy sitting at the next table and, while I waited for my partner to get back from the coffee line, we struck up a conversation. He spoke 4 languages and had some neat stories. In the email my partner just sent me, he talks about seeing this scene and being worried that I might be unsafe or uncomfortable. When he brought his coffee to our table, he realized there was no need for concern because I was genuinely enjoying my conversation with this stranger.

Actually, the man was no longer a stranger because we'd introduced ourselves. Either way, when my partner returned, I told the multilingual man how much I'd enjoyed talking with him, but that I was going to give my partner my attention now. And that was that.

So, my partner just wrote me the sweetest email to tell me he was thinking about how my "grace" shone that day.

It's nice to know when your partner is thinking of you, and it's nice to know what they're thinking. And it's nice when it's something nice. Clearly, that day was a turning point for us. It took us down this road we're on now, which is a bright path for two very depressed people.

Why this song? I fell down a Lea Salonga rabbit hole, and here we are. Actually, I loved Phantom in the 80s or 90s, whenever it was big. Earlier this year I listened to the soundtrack and I was like WHOA with the daddy issues. There's some Freudian shit in there.

But this is a song Raoul and Christine sing to one another, and it reflects my hope that love can forge a path through fear and darkness.



If you're wondering how you can support me in bringing you songs and visits every day, the easiest thing you can do is tell your friends about the site. Tell anyone you know--particularly people who are isolated and enjoy music.

Readers of adult fiction can also buy my books or check them out from your local library. Supporting my AudioErotica endeavour on Patreon would also help me hugely!

But you don't HAVE to do any of that. I'm very happy to get a daily visit from you, so just keep coming back.

Oh, and I also recommend hitting the "Subscribe" button at the top of the page so you won't miss a song!

See you tomorrow!
Giselle

Popular posts from this blog

#SongoftheDay Looks Like Meringue (John Scofield)

#SongoftheDay Ice Cream (Sarah McLachlan)

#SongoftheDay Self Control (Laura Branigan)

#SongoftheDay Asshole (Denis Leary)

#SongoftheDay You Light Up My Life (Whitney Houston)

#SongoftheDay If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd've Baked a Cake (Ethel Merman, Ray Bolger)

#SongoftheDay In the Year 2525 (Zager and Evans)

#SongoftheDay The Rosemary and Thyme Caprice (John Williams)

#SongoftheDay Julie Christie (Lorraine Bowen)

#SongoftheDay Cornflake Girl (Tori Amos)