#SongoftheDay Hayloft (Mother Mother)

I'm constantly coming back to this message for creators, but it's an important one: keep creating what you're inspired to create, even if it doesn't seem "important" compared to other people's art or endeavours. Your work will speak to someone. It will. You never know how or where or when, but your art is going to help someone in ways you couldn't possibly predict.

Hayloft is the song I listened to on repeat after my grandmother died. I don't know why this song. Maybe it was just the first loud song my MP3 player hit upon while I was taking the bus home from the hospital. It took me out of myself, and out of the pain and sadness of her death. I don't know how many times I listened to it. I just kept going back for more.

I doubt very much this song was written with the intent of helping someone process their grief, but it worked for me. I'm so grateful I had it on that long bus ride home.

Write the book you want to read. Record the song you want to hear. Paint the picture you want to look at. Trust me when I say there is an audience for it. And, one day, your work might help them process some deep emotions.



If you're wondering how you can support me in bringing you songs and visits every day, the easiest thing you can do is tell your friends about the site. Tell anyone you know--particularly people who are isolated and enjoy music.

Readers of adult fiction can also buy my books or check them out from your local library. Supporting my AudioErotica endeavour on Patreon would also help me hugely!

But you don't HAVE to do any of that. I'm very happy to get a daily visit from you, so just keep coming back.

Oh, and I also recommend hitting the "Subscribe" button at the top of the page so you won't miss a song!

See you tomorrow!
Giselle

Popular posts from this blog

#SongoftheDay Looks Like Meringue (John Scofield)

#SongoftheDay Ice Cream (Sarah McLachlan)

#SongoftheDay Self Control (Laura Branigan)

#SongoftheDay Bad Girls (Donna Summer)

#SongoftheDay You Light Up My Life (Whitney Houston)

#SongoftheDay Asshole (Denis Leary)

#SongoftheDay If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd've Baked a Cake (Ethel Merman, Ray Bolger)

#SongoftheDay In the Year 2525 (Zager and Evans)

#SongoftheDay The Rosemary and Thyme Caprice (John Williams)

#SongoftheDay Julie Christie (Lorraine Bowen)