#SongoftheDay Accentuate the Positive (Edith Prickley)

The first time I ever heard this very popular jazz standard, it was on SCTV, during an over-the-top performance given by Andrea Martin as Edith Prickley. Now, every time I hear the song, I immediately picture Edith Prickley in her leopard print suit, belting it to the rafters. I've heard a lot of great covers of this tune over the years, but the one I'm presenting to you today is still my favourite.

This song was actually published as "Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive" in 1944, and you'll often find the title transcribed that way.

I'm not really a positive thinker, and after using the Mind Over Mood workbook to help with my depression, I don't feel so bad about that. The authors emphasize realistic thinking rather than positive or magical thinking. Very sensible. Although it can be excruciatingly difficult not to go negative when you're depressed, Mind Over Mood gives you tools to get through that kind of thinking rather than just be like "la la la everything's wonderful..." because, seriously, that ain't gonna cut it in the long run.

If you want to give the methods of cognitive behavioural therapy a go, Mind Over Mood was recommended to me by a doctor and it's very popular.



You might also want to dive into a little Toronto nostalgia with SCTV.

If you're wondering how you can support me in bringing you songs and visits every day, the easiest thing you can do is tell your friends about the site. Tell anyone you know--particularly people who are isolated and enjoy music.

Readers of adult fiction can also buy my books or check them out from your local library. Supporting my AudioErotica endeavour on Patreon would also help me hugely!

But you don't HAVE to do any of that. I'm very happy to get a daily visit from you, so just keep coming back.

Oh, and I also recommend hitting the "Subscribe" button at the top of the page so you won't miss a song!

See you tomorrow!
Giselle

Popular posts from this blog

#SongoftheDay Looks Like Meringue (John Scofield)

#SongoftheDay Ice Cream (Sarah McLachlan)

#SongoftheDay Self Control (Laura Branigan)

#SongoftheDay Bad Girls (Donna Summer)

#SongoftheDay You Light Up My Life (Whitney Houston)

#SongoftheDay Asshole (Denis Leary)

#SongoftheDay If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd've Baked a Cake (Ethel Merman, Ray Bolger)

#SongoftheDay In the Year 2525 (Zager and Evans)

#SongoftheDay The Rosemary and Thyme Caprice (John Williams)

#SongoftheDay Julie Christie (Lorraine Bowen)