#SongoftheDay Hilli Ya Sanabel (Canadian Arabic Orchestra)

Yesterday I mentioned Cris Derksen’s choral work Maada’ookii Songlines, which I witnessed at Luminato in June. One of the musical ensembles participating in this concert was the Canadian Arabic Orchestra, and they made an impression--to say the least.

Prior to the performance of Maada’ookii Songlines, all of the many choirs participating in the main event had the opportunity to showcase their skills independently. I heard a bunch of people having a great time, and gravitated toward the crowd. Turned out I was listening to the Canadian Arabic Orchestra.

The crowd really got into it--a dad bouncing his kid on his shoulders, the women next to me ululating between licks at their melting ice cream cones, people dancing even though there was no space to move--but when they got to their final number, everybody seemed to know the words. I wish I could tell you what song it was, but I didn't catch the name in all the chaos of the choral event.

Everyone was clapping--even me, and I never clap--and singing along and moving and ululating and laughing. Everyone was so happy.

I burst into tears.

Music does this to me. It moves me to tears. Even in public. Especially in public? This shared experience, especially around music I'd never have otherwise known about, was so filled to the brim with emotion.

Music is energy. It has impact. Huge impact, on me. Maybe on you, too.  Maybe that's why you're here.



If you're wondering how you can support me in bringing you songs and visits every day, the easiest thing you can do is tell your friends about the site. Tell anyone you know--particularly people who are isolated and enjoy music.

Readers of adult fiction can also buy my books or check them out from your local library. Supporting my AudioErotica endeavour on Patreon would also help me hugely!

But you don't HAVE to do any of that. I'm very happy to get a daily visit from you, so just keep coming back.

Oh, and I also recommend hitting the "Subscribe" button at the top of the page so you won't miss a song!

See you tomorrow!
Giselle

Popular posts from this blog

#SongoftheDay Ladies Night (Kool and the Gang)

#SongoftheDay Blue Velvet (Bobby Vinton)

#SongoftheDay You've Made Me So Very Happy (Blood, Sweat and Tears)

#SongoftheDay Girls on Film (Duran Duran)

#SongoftheDay A Bushel and a Peck (Sharon, Lois and Bram)

#SongoftheDay Press My Button (Lil Johnson)

#SongoftheDay Hideaway (Randy Moore and Cindy Smith)

#SongoftheDay Postman's Knock (The Albion Band)

#SongoftheDay Asshole (Denis Leary)

#SongoftheDay "Largo al factotum" from Rossini's THE BARBER OF SEVILLE (baritone Vito Priante & accompanist Michael Shannon)