#SongoftheDay Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd)

This is my favourite Pink Floyd song. One of my cats is currently sitting on my belly, watching the video with me, and she seems pretty entertained by it as well. I wonder if my cats share my taste in music. I do leave the radio on for them when I go out. Maybe they resent me for it. Maybe they're country music cats, and I'm torturing them with indie rock.

The reason Comfortably Numb came to mind is that, as I've mentioned here before, things are getting pretty serious between myself and my partner. Thing is, we both need to make a lot of huge changes in our lives before we can be together for good. Getting married seems a lot more complicated at middle age and beyond than it does when you're younger. We've both accumulated so much baggage along the road.

We've been seeing a couples counsellor to help guide us through this time, and he asked us what happens if we don't end up together. I couldn't answer. I didn't want to think about it. I don't want to think about it.

But my partner said, "I numb out." Go numb and die. That's life without each other.

Sounds terrible.



If you're wondering how you can support me in bringing you songs and visits every day, the easiest thing you can do is tell your friends about the site. Tell anyone you know--particularly people who are isolated and enjoy music.

Readers of adult fiction can also buy my books or check them out from your local library. Supporting my AudioErotica endeavour on Patreon would also help me hugely!

But you don't HAVE to do any of that. I'm very happy to get a daily visit from you, so just keep coming back.

Oh, and I also recommend hitting the "Subscribe" button at the top of the page so you won't miss a song!

See you tomorrow!
Giselle

Popular posts from this blog

#SongoftheDay Ladies Night (Kool and the Gang)

#SongoftheDay Blue Velvet (Bobby Vinton)

#SongoftheDay You've Made Me So Very Happy (Blood, Sweat and Tears)

#SongoftheDay Girls on Film (Duran Duran)

#SongoftheDay A Bushel and a Peck (Sharon, Lois and Bram)

#SongoftheDay Press My Button (Lil Johnson)

#SongoftheDay Hideaway (Randy Moore and Cindy Smith)

#SongoftheDay Postman's Knock (The Albion Band)

#SongoftheDay Asshole (Denis Leary)

#SongoftheDay "Largo al factotum" from Rossini's THE BARBER OF SEVILLE (baritone Vito Priante & accompanist Michael Shannon)