#SongoftheDay in Celebration of #Sesame50: Pinball (Sesame Street)

Welcome to the inaugural Friendly Music Visitor post!

I'm Giselle and I'm deliriously excited to be here. You know what they say: a song and a visit a day keep the loneliness at bay!

I was agonizing (in a good way) over which song to select for our first day together when, on Twitter, I noticed that Sesame Street is celebrating its 50th anniversary. Well, the song that popped into my head instantly--the song I most associate with the Sesame Street of my childhood--is smooth and funky and cooler than cool. Does it have a name? I don't really know. Let's just call it Pinball, and let's listen to it together, twelve times over.



If you're in the mood for even more Sesame Street nostalgia, I highly recommend the existential journey that is THE MONSTER AT THE END OF THIS BOOK.

Come back tomorrow for another song and visit. I can't wait to see you again!

Popular posts from this blog

#SongoftheDay Looks Like Meringue (John Scofield)

#SongoftheDay Self Control (Laura Branigan)

#SongoftheDay Asshole (Denis Leary)

#SongoftheDay You Light Up My Life (Whitney Houston)

#SongoftheDay In the Year 2525 (Zager and Evans)

#SongoftheDay The Rosemary and Thyme Caprice (John Williams)

#SongoftheDay Julie Christie (Lorraine Bowen)

#SongoftheDay Daddy Cool (Boney M)

#SongoftheDay Goin' Through Changes (Denise LaSalle)

#SongoftheDay Postman's Knock (The Albion Band)