#SongoftheDay I Put A Spell On You (Nina Simone)

Wow, I could listen to this one a thousand times over, couldn't you?

When I was a teenager, I was really into tarot, astrology, numerology, all that "New Age" stuff. You know how they say as you get older you go back to the things you loved when you were young?  I'm finding that to be true--very true.  Suddenly everything that used to interest me (and then didn't interest me at all) is coming back full force.

I'm getting back into tarot, particularly, and listening to a lot of podcasts on the topic. One mentioned calculating your birth card, which I'd never done. You add your date, month and year of birth, then keep adding those numbers together until you've distilled it down to a number under 10. Match that number up with the corresponding card in the Major Arcana and there you go, that's your birth card.

Mine turned out to be The Magician, a figure who can manifest his will here on earth. It was a message I needed to hear that day in particular, because I was starting to feel like I had no control over my life.  I was starting to feel like other people were making my choices for me, and I was somewhat at their mercy.

Realizing The Magician was my birth card turned my day right around. Instantly, I stopped feeling like other people were in charge of my life. I started feeling like I can make things happen, if I try. That's the key, though: you have to make the effort.



You like vinyl, do you?  Get it here.

If you're wondering how you can support me in bringing you songs and visits every day, the easiest thing you can do is tell your friends about the site. Tell anyone you know--particularly people who are isolated and enjoy music.

Readers of adult fiction can also buy my books or check them out from your local library. Supporting my AudioErotica endeavour on Patreon would also help me hugely!

But you don't HAVE to do any of that. I'm very happy to get a daily visit from you, so just keep coming back.

Oh, and I also recommend hitting the "Subscribe" button at the top of the page so you won't miss a song!

See you tomorrow!
Giselle

Popular posts from this blog

#SongoftheDay Looks Like Meringue (John Scofield)

#SongoftheDay Self Control (Laura Branigan)

#SongoftheDay Asshole (Denis Leary)

#SongoftheDay You Light Up My Life (Whitney Houston)

#SongoftheDay In the Year 2525 (Zager and Evans)

#SongoftheDay The Rosemary and Thyme Caprice (John Williams)

#SongoftheDay Julie Christie (Lorraine Bowen)

#SongoftheDay Daddy Cool (Boney M)

#SongoftheDay Goin' Through Changes (Denise LaSalle)

#SongoftheDay Hair (The Cowsills)