#SongoftheDay The Rose (Bette Midler)

In my Depression Handbook for Writers, I've got a section called "Getting out of Your Comfort Zone" and I'm pretty sure the first paragraph just says: Nooooooooo!

Because that's how I feel about getting out of my comfort zone. The older I get, the more anxieties I experience. But, at the same time, I know it needs to be done.  Especially when I'm becoming dangerously isolated.

My best friend told me to look for a meditation group and go. I didn't look.  That did not sound like a thing I would ever do. The only place I go is the library. I am comfortable at the library.

Well, one day at the library I spotted a poster for a meditation class. At the library. And it was free.

Okay, clearly this was meant to be.  I really had no reason not to go. It wasn't that far out of my comfort zone--it was at the library, for starters.

So I went, and you know what? I didn't even feel anxious about it. I had a few worries: what if we had to talk about why we'd come? (We didn't--the teacher talked, that's all.) What if I cried? I cry all the time. It would be so embarrassing! (Well, this happened to my sister the first time she took a yoga class--she sobbed for like 20 minutes, and everyone just ignored her and it turned into a funny story.)

The class was amazing. I loved it. It was mantra meditation, though I already forget the exact name for it--because it was a type of meditation where you SING the mantra!  Okay, this is perfect for me. I love music, clearly. Why else would I share it with you every day for free?

Music saves me, and this class left me feeling safe and uplifted and part of something larger than myself.

Our teacher put on some instrumental music for us to sing along with. Our mantra was in Sanskrit, so it took me quite a while to clue in to the fact that the music we were singing along to was, in fact, this song: The Rose.



If you're wondering how you can support me in bringing you songs and visits every day, the easiest thing you can do is tell your friends about the site. Tell anyone you know--particularly people who are isolated and enjoy music.

Readers of adult fiction can also buy my books or check them out from your local library. Supporting my AudioErotica endeavour on Patreon would also help me hugely!

But you don't HAVE to do any of that. I'm very happy to get a daily visit from you, so just keep coming back.

Oh, and I also recommend hitting the "Subscribe" button at the top of the page so you won't miss a song!

See you tomorrow!
Giselle

Popular posts from this blog

#SongoftheDay Looks Like Meringue (John Scofield)

#SongoftheDay Ice Cream (Sarah McLachlan)

#SongoftheDay Self Control (Laura Branigan)

#SongoftheDay Asshole (Denis Leary)

#SongoftheDay You Light Up My Life (Whitney Houston)

#SongoftheDay If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd've Baked a Cake (Ethel Merman, Ray Bolger)

#SongoftheDay In the Year 2525 (Zager and Evans)

#SongoftheDay The Rosemary and Thyme Caprice (John Williams)

#SongoftheDay Julie Christie (Lorraine Bowen)

#SongoftheDay Cornflake Girl (Tori Amos)