#SongoftheDay Having an Average Weekend [The Kids in the Hall Intro] (Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet)

The music video for The Cranberries' "Linger" that we watched yesterday immediately brought to mind the opening credits from the later seasons of The Kids in the Hall.

The theme song is called Having an Average Weekend and it's by Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet, and I didn't even have to look up that trivia. Why? Because I am just that in touch with my late 80s/early 90s self.

No, it's because I've been watching Kids in the Hall DVDs over the past couple years. I loved the show as a youth and, watching it now, I'm blown away by the unapologetically queer content. As an unapologetic queer, it must have shaped my view of my own identity in ways I didn't even realize. Because it's not like queer representation was coming at you hot and fast during that period.

The thing that blows me away even more is that all the kids I knew loved this show. We used to act out the skits during talent contests in middle school--no joke! And nobody ever made fun of it for being "gay" or even made reference to the overwhelming gayness of it.

Go back and watch this show now.  You'll be amazed.



If you're wondering how you can support me in bringing you songs and visits every day, the easiest thing you can do is tell your friends about the site. Tell anyone you know--particularly people who are isolated and enjoy music.

Readers of adult fiction can also buy my books or check them out from your local library. Supporting my AudioErotica endeavour on Patreon would also help me hugely!

But you don't HAVE to do any of that. I'm very happy to get a daily visit from you, so just keep coming back.

Oh, and I also recommend hitting the "Subscribe" button at the top of the page so you won't miss a song!

See you tomorrow!
Giselle

Popular posts from this blog

#SongoftheDay Looks Like Meringue (John Scofield)

#SongoftheDay Ice Cream (Sarah McLachlan)

#SongoftheDay Self Control (Laura Branigan)

#SongoftheDay Asshole (Denis Leary)

#SongoftheDay You Light Up My Life (Whitney Houston)

#SongoftheDay If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd've Baked a Cake (Ethel Merman, Ray Bolger)

#SongoftheDay In the Year 2525 (Zager and Evans)

#SongoftheDay The Rosemary and Thyme Caprice (John Williams)

#SongoftheDay Julie Christie (Lorraine Bowen)

#SongoftheDay Cornflake Girl (Tori Amos)