#SongoftheDay Death and the Lady (The Dovetail Trio)

I'm obsessed with "Death and the Maiden" imagery: a skeleton and a beautiful young woman. Sometimes they're talking. Sometimes they're kissing. Sometimes they're fucking. You never know what they'll get up to, that raunchy pair.

It's imagery I faintly recall studying when I took art history courses in university.  I think it's got me in its grips at this stage because midlife feels like a confrontation between youth and mortality. I don't feel like a middle-aged person. I feel like a young person staring death in the face.

This gorgeous ballad dates back to the 15th century, from what I gather. Maybe even earlier than that.  The recording isn't that old, obviously--in fact, it appears on an album called Bold Champions, which was just released a few months back. Isn't it amazing when an old song can continue to speak to the human experience hundreds of years after it was written?

Music is magic.



If you're wondering how you can support me in bringing you songs and visits every day, the easiest thing you can do is tell your friends about the site. Tell anyone you know--particularly people who are isolated and enjoy music.

Readers of adult fiction can also buy my books or check them out from your local library. Supporting my AudioErotica endeavour on Patreon would also help me hugely!

But you don't HAVE to do any of that. I'm very happy to get a daily visit from you, so just keep coming back.

Oh, and I also recommend hitting the "Subscribe" button at the top of the page so you won't miss a song!

See you tomorrow!
Giselle

Popular posts from this blog

#SongoftheDay Looks Like Meringue (John Scofield)

#SongoftheDay Ice Cream (Sarah McLachlan)

#SongoftheDay Self Control (Laura Branigan)

#SongoftheDay Bad Girls (Donna Summer)

#SongoftheDay You Light Up My Life (Whitney Houston)

#SongoftheDay Asshole (Denis Leary)

#SongoftheDay If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd've Baked a Cake (Ethel Merman, Ray Bolger)

#SongoftheDay In the Year 2525 (Zager and Evans)

#SongoftheDay The Rosemary and Thyme Caprice (John Williams)

#SongoftheDay Julie Christie (Lorraine Bowen)