#SongoftheDay That's Not My Name (The Ting Tings)

When I was a teenager, my whole family used to go to one of my sisters' soccer games. She played at a bit of a high level, I guess, and there was a lot of travel involved. We spent a good deal of time around the families of the other girls on her team.

Looking back, it was actually a lot of fun. Not sure I would have said so at the time, but in those days teens didn't like their families. No clue if they do now. I don't know any teens.

Anyway, one of my sisters is quite a lot younger than I am.  She would have been only 4 or 5 years old, I guess.  Often, we'd bring along her best friend to soccer games so they could occupy each other. My sister and her best friend had very similar names--started with the same letter, same number of syllables--so, in the beginning, the other soccer parents would accidentally call both kids by the same name: the best friend's name.

My little sister got SO MAD. And when the soccer parents saw how riled up she'd get, they started calling her by the wrong name deliberately, to provoke a reaction. It worked. My sister would scream and cry. "That's not my name! That's not my name!" Poor kid, but the parents were entertained, and I guess teasing my sister was more fun than watching a soccer game?

Anyway, every time I hear this song, I think of my little sister. It reminds me of her.



From the album We Started Nothing.

If you're wondering how you can support me in bringing you songs and visits every day, the easiest thing you can do is tell your friends about the site. Tell anyone you know--particularly people who are isolated and enjoy music.

Readers of adult fiction can also buy my books or check them out from your local library. Supporting my AudioErotica endeavour on Patreon would also help me hugely!

But you don't HAVE to do any of that. I'm very happy to get a daily visit from you, so just keep coming back.

Oh, and I also recommend hitting the "Subscribe" button at the top of the page so you won't miss a song!

See you tomorrow!
Giselle

Popular posts from this blog

#SongoftheDay Looks Like Meringue (John Scofield)

#SongoftheDay Self Control (Laura Branigan)

#SongoftheDay Asshole (Denis Leary)

#SongoftheDay You Light Up My Life (Whitney Houston)

#SongoftheDay In the Year 2525 (Zager and Evans)

#SongoftheDay The Rosemary and Thyme Caprice (John Williams)

#SongoftheDay Julie Christie (Lorraine Bowen)

#SongoftheDay Daddy Cool (Boney M)

#SongoftheDay Goin' Through Changes (Denise LaSalle)

#SongoftheDay Postman's Knock (The Albion Band)