#SongoftheDay Heaven (Talking Heads)

A couple weeks ago I was on Twitter laughing about my partner making fun of my "young people music." What was I listening to? The 1979 Talking Heads album "Fear of Music," which includes this song--HEAVEN.  I happen to prefer this live version over the album version because of the prominence of Tina Weymouth's gorgeous backing vocals.

Every time life gets overwhelming and there's too much going on and I'm sure I can't handle it, this song is sure to pop into my head. "Heaven is a place where nothing ever happens." Is that what we're aspiring to? Or should we appreciate life on earth? All this endless stuff is happening because we're alive. We were born to learn and grow, and that doesn't happen without challenges.

Am I making sense? Sorry, I'll stop.



If you're wondering how you can support me in bringing you songs and visits every day, the easiest thing you can do is tell your friends about the site. Tell anyone you know--particularly people who are isolated and enjoy music.

Readers of adult fiction can also buy my books or check them out from your local library. Supporting my AudioErotica endeavour on Patreon would also help me hugely!

But you don't HAVE to do any of that. I'm very happy to get a daily visit from you, so just keep coming back.

Oh, and I also recommend hitting the "Subscribe" button at the top of the page so you won't miss a song!

See you tomorrow!
Giselle

Popular posts from this blog

#SongoftheDay Looks Like Meringue (John Scofield)

#SongoftheDay Self Control (Laura Branigan)

#SongoftheDay Asshole (Denis Leary)

#SongoftheDay You Light Up My Life (Whitney Houston)

#SongoftheDay In the Year 2525 (Zager and Evans)

#SongoftheDay The Rosemary and Thyme Caprice (John Williams)

#SongoftheDay Julie Christie (Lorraine Bowen)

#SongoftheDay Daddy Cool (Boney M)

#SongoftheDay Goin' Through Changes (Denise LaSalle)

#SongoftheDay Postman's Knock (The Albion Band)