#SongoftheDay Gently Johnny from The Wicker Man

I finally watched the 1973 folk horror film The Wicker Man last week and it was not at all what I was expecting. I thought I was walking into a horror movie, and instead it felt like an episode of Heartbeat directed by David Lynch. 

But I mean that as a compliment. I enjoyed the film and I will absolutely watch it again.

The version I watched the director's cut, and I have subsequently discovered that this song, sung by Paul Giovanni who did the music for the film, did not appear in the original theatrical release. I'm glad it was shoved back in, because I love it. So atmospheric.


If you're wondering how you can support me in bringing you songs and anecdotes, the easiest thing you can do is buy my books (most are for adults only!) or check them out from your local library. 

See you soon!

Giselle


Popular posts from this blog

#SongoftheDay Midsomer Murders Theme (Celia Sheen on Theremin)

#SongoftheDay Blue Skies (Ella Fitzgerald)

#SongoftheDay Ten Again (Half Moon Run)

#SongoftheDay Take a Letter, Maria (R.B. Greaves)

#SongoftheDay Lucille (Kenny Rogers)

#SongoftheDay Run With Us (Lisa Loughead)

#SongoftheDay Let's Turkey Trot (Little Eva)

#SongoftheDay The Lovecats (Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain)

#SongoftheDay Go Your Own Way (Fleetwood Mac)