#SongoftheDay Red Hot Mamma (Betty Boop)

I've talked before about how much I loved cartoons when I was a kid. I had VHS tapes of many black-and-white cartoons, including this hot little number from 1934. I remember a resurgence in Betty Boop's popularity in the 80s or 90s--not of her cartoons, though. It was more of a merch thing. You saw her on a lot of T-shirts.

There was another cartoon from the 30s that I absolutely loved, but I haven't been able to track it down. Maybe you remember it: it was about two little kids who are walking around town, collecting scrap wood for the fire. When they get home, their mother has nothing to feed them. The kids go to bed hungry and dream of a world where food is readily available. It's a fun place, with lots of yummy scrumptiousness. (I think this cartoon appealed to me particularly because we often went hungry in my household).

When the kids wake up, they find a feast waiting for them. All the townsfolk had noticed their need, and brought what they could spare to feed the family.

We see similar themes of desire for the bare necessities in this Betty Boop cartoon. It was the depression era, after all.


If you're wondering how you can support me in bringing you songs and visits every day, the easiest thing you can do is tell your friends about the site. Tell anyone you know--particularly people who are isolated and enjoy music.

Readers of adult fiction can also buy my books or check them out from your local library. Supporting my AudioErotica endeavour on Patreon would also help me hugely!

But you don't HAVE to do any of that. I'm very happy to get a daily visit from you, so just keep coming back.

Oh, and I also recommend hitting the "Subscribe" button at the top of the page so you won't miss a song!

See you tomorrow!
Giselle

Popular posts from this blog

#SongoftheDay Ladies Night (Kool and the Gang)

#SongoftheDay Blue Velvet (Bobby Vinton)

#SongoftheDay You've Made Me So Very Happy (Blood, Sweat and Tears)

#SongoftheDay Girls on Film (Duran Duran)

#SongoftheDay A Bushel and a Peck (Sharon, Lois and Bram)

#SongoftheDay Press My Button (Lil Johnson)

#SongoftheDay Hideaway (Randy Moore and Cindy Smith)

#SongoftheDay Postman's Knock (The Albion Band)

#SongoftheDay Asshole (Denis Leary)

#SongoftheDay "Largo al factotum" from Rossini's THE BARBER OF SEVILLE (baritone Vito Priante & accompanist Michael Shannon)