#SongoftheDay Lover Killer (My Brightest Diamond)

Yesterday I mentioned that BLACK CLOUD got me through some troubled times. Today we've got another track that accomplished the same feat.

I can't even remember what was going on in my life at the time--something relationshipy that resolved itself, I guess?

Oh my gosh, now that I'm actually listening to this song, it's all coming back to me. Amazing, the power of music. It's like amber, trapping in the emotions and memories of related events.

It was these lyrics that so perfectly described what I was experiencing:

On the one side/
I can dream my future/
Dream my future/
On the other/
I can feel my nature/
Feel my nature

At the time, my partner and I were talking about making some huge life changes that will lead to establishing ourselves as a committed couple. In case you're not aware, I am extremely commitment-phobic. So this idea seemed, to me, like a beautiful dream--something I did and do want for myself, at this stage in life.

Still, I could feel the knot twisting in my gut. The knot is fear: fear that I couldn't follow through, that I'd only end up hurting someone I love.

Funny thing is, I was experiencing this angst only 3 months ago. Now it's gone. That fear is gone.

I can't help thinking this song helped me work through it. And I'm not just saying that.

Music is magic.



From an album called This is My Hand, which, yes, is available on vinyl!

If you're wondering how you can support me in bringing you songs and visits every day, the easiest thing you can do is tell your friends about the site. Tell anyone you know--particularly people who are isolated and enjoy music.

Readers of adult fiction can also buy my books or check them out from your local library. Supporting my AudioErotica endeavour on Patreon would also help me hugely!

But you don't HAVE to do any of that. I'm very happy to get a daily visit from you, so just keep coming back.

Oh, and I also recommend hitting the "Subscribe" button at the top of the page so you won't miss a song!

See you tomorrow!
Giselle

Popular posts from this blog

#SongoftheDay Ladies Night (Kool and the Gang)

#SongoftheDay Blue Velvet (Bobby Vinton)

#SongoftheDay You've Made Me So Very Happy (Blood, Sweat and Tears)

#SongoftheDay Girls on Film (Duran Duran)

#SongoftheDay A Bushel and a Peck (Sharon, Lois and Bram)

#SongoftheDay Press My Button (Lil Johnson)

#SongoftheDay Hideaway (Randy Moore and Cindy Smith)

#SongoftheDay Postman's Knock (The Albion Band)

#SongoftheDay Asshole (Denis Leary)

Time Out