#SongoftheDay I Think We're Alone Now (Tiffany)

This was one of my most treasured albums of the 80s.

At the time, I didn't realize how YOUNG Tiffany was, because I was even younger. How old was she when this song was a hit, like 16?  I'm guess I could look it up, but maybe I'll leave the research in your hands today.

These days, I compare a singer like Tiffany, who was known (by adults) for her youth, to more recent young artists like Lorde or Billie Eilish and... well, I don't want to say anything disparaging about a singer I loved when I was a kid, but they really are worlds apart.

I listened to an interview with Lorde and she was saying that she'd been signed to her label at age 13, I believe it was, but rather than putting her right on stage, they put her through some rigorous and beneficial training--songwriting, performance, I think she said even things like marketing, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, I'm writing like some douchey music person with a refined palate. But I'm listening to this Tiffany track like it's 1987.



You can buy the whole album here, if you're so inclined. Nostalgia!

If you're wondering how you can support me in bringing you songs and visits every day, the easiest thing you can do is tell your friends about the site. Tell anyone you know--particularly people who are isolated and enjoy music.

Readers of adult fiction can also buy my books or check them out from your local library. Supporting my AudioErotica endeavour on Patreon would also help me hugely!

But you don't HAVE to do any of that. I'm very happy to get a daily visit from you, so just keep coming back.

Oh, and I also recommend hitting the "Subscribe" button at the top of the page so you won't miss a song!

See you tomorrow!
Giselle

Popular posts from this blog

#SongoftheDay Ladies Night (Kool and the Gang)

#SongoftheDay Blue Velvet (Bobby Vinton)

#SongoftheDay You've Made Me So Very Happy (Blood, Sweat and Tears)

#SongoftheDay Girls on Film (Duran Duran)

#SongoftheDay A Bushel and a Peck (Sharon, Lois and Bram)

#SongoftheDay Press My Button (Lil Johnson)

#SongoftheDay Hideaway (Randy Moore and Cindy Smith)

#SongoftheDay Postman's Knock (The Albion Band)

#SongoftheDay Asshole (Denis Leary)

Time Out