#SongoftheDay Fly Like An Eagle (Steve Miller Band)

This song takes me back to my teenage years--not because I was a teenager in the 70s, but because "Fly Like An Eagle" was the theme song to a radio show I listened to religiously as a teen.

When I was in high school, I had a lot of family responsibilities. When I wasn't working my retail job, I would come home after my tutoring gig to make dinner for my younger siblings. Sometimes my mother got home in time to eat with the kids, sometimes not, but, either way, my family would assemble around the TV while eating and stay put after mealtime.

I spent that time in the kitchen, washing dinner dishes and listening to my favourite program on AM radio: a call-in show hosted by the late Anne Toth, a psychic medium. She'd cover a different topic on different days. I think Monday was astrology, Tuesday was tarot, Friday she'd talk to callers' departed loved ones.

This program came at my ears from a small station in Niagara, but it meant the world to me.

I have a very specific memory of standing at the sink in my mother's kitchen, wearing a tight yellow top and my light blue bell-bottomed jeans, listening to Anne Toth's show while I washed the dishes, and thinking to myself: "In all my life, I will never have a happier moment than this one."

There are so many days when I wish I could return to that sink, those dishes, that radio program. Moments of perfect peace can be perfectly mundane. So what? It's the feeling that matters.




If you're wondering how you can support me in bringing you songs and visits every day, the easiest thing you can do is tell your friends about the site. Tell anyone you know--particularly people who are isolated and enjoy music.

Readers of adult fiction can also buy my books or check them out from your local library. Supporting my AudioErotica endeavour on Patreon would also help me hugely!

But you don't HAVE to do any of that. I'm very happy to get a daily visit from you, so just keep coming back.

Oh, and I also recommend hitting the "Subscribe" button at the top of the page so you won't miss a song!

See you tomorrow!
Giselle

Popular posts from this blog

#SongoftheDay Ladies Night (Kool and the Gang)

#SongoftheDay Blue Velvet (Bobby Vinton)

#SongoftheDay You've Made Me So Very Happy (Blood, Sweat and Tears)

#SongoftheDay Girls on Film (Duran Duran)

#SongoftheDay A Bushel and a Peck (Sharon, Lois and Bram)

#SongoftheDay Press My Button (Lil Johnson)

#SongoftheDay Hideaway (Randy Moore and Cindy Smith)

#SongoftheDay Postman's Knock (The Albion Band)

#SongoftheDay Asshole (Denis Leary)

#SongoftheDay "Largo al factotum" from Rossini's THE BARBER OF SEVILLE (baritone Vito Priante & accompanist Michael Shannon)